Islam is in a desperate need for reform, but it’s not going to happen by itself. Instead of making excuses for all the violence, intolerance, misogyny, and outright hatred that the Quran preaches, or trying to exonerate the shocking passages in the Hadith, you need to admit that these religious…
Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, hell even Satanism—all those religious demographics have no version of Jihad and Sharia Law, only Islam does. Go figure.
You’re actually wrong! In fact you are dead wrong. Read the Bible, you want to talk about similar laws as the Sharia? well here are just a few for your viewing pleasure since you seem to have read all religious texts to make such a comment.
- Killing Non-believers and stoning people to death if they ask you to join other religions
- Commands you to kill all nonbelievers and destroy their homes
- Stone people to death if they ask you to join other religions
- Kill the whole town even if there is one non-believe
Biblical reference: Deuteronomy 13:13-18 ‘Corrupt men have gone out from among you and enticed the inhabitants of their city, saying, “Let us go and serve other gods”’—which you have not known - then you shall inquire, search out, and ask diligently. And if it is indeed true and certain that such an abomination was committed among you, you shall surely strike the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying it, all that is in it and its livestock—with the edge of the sword. And you shall gather all its plunder into the middle of the street, and completely burn with fire the city and all its plunder, for the LORD your God. It shall be a heap forever; it shall not be built again. So none of the accursed things shall remain in your hand, that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of His anger and show you mercy, have compassion on you and multiply you, just as He swore to your fathers, because you have listened to the voice of the LORD your God, to keep all His commandments which I command you today, to do what is right in the eyes of the LORD your God
– Kill anyone who disobeys the judge or the priest
Biblical reference: Deuteronomy 17:12: “Anyone who dares to disobey either the judge or the priest on duty is to be put to death”
– Justification of rape and murder
- More justification of rape and murder, as well as slavery. The people you attack, the best they can get is accepting your “peace” and become your slaves. If they refuse you kill the men, and keep the women for yourself. I guess any devout Christian who goes to war can take these actions
Biblical reference: Deuteronomy 20:10-14 As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the lord your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the lord your God has given you.
– Stone a woman to death if she is raped and did not cry out for help
- First of all there is further command on stoning people to death, but the main point is if a women is raped and doesn’t cry out for help you must stone her to death! Along with the rapist!
Biblical reference: Deuteronomy 22: 23-24 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among y
– Rape a virgin who is not engaged, then just pay the father off and she is your wife
- If a man finds a young female virgin who is not betrothed, meaning not engaged, and he raps her, he can then pay the father of the young girl and she becomes his wife.
Biblical reference: Deuteronomy 22: 28-29 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives
– Cut a woman’s hand off if it accidentally touches a man’s penis
- If a woman’s hand accidentally touches another man’s penis you must cut her hands off (This is such a bizarre statement that it partly overlooks the barbaric command of it)
Biblical reference: Deuteronomy 25: 11-12- If two men are fighting and one of their wives comes in to save her husband and her hand accidentally touches the other man’s penis, you must cut her hands off.
– Justifies selling your daughter, and her obligations to her master when you do
- Justifies selling your daughter and if you do her role is to please her master (first of all what kind of a sick animal sells his daughter to be a servant, never mind how ridiculous the ruling is
Biblical reference: Exodus 21: 7-8
7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.
– Justification of slavery
- Slavery is justified all throughout the bible, here we see some passages, including justification for priests to have slaves. Slavery is definitely one of the most immoral things a person can do. Yet slavery is rampant throughout the Bible in both the Old and New Testaments. The Bible clearly approves of slavery in many passages, and it goes so far as to tell how to obtain slaves, how hard you can beat them, and when you can have sex with the female slaves.
Many Jews and Christians will try to ignore the moral problems of slavery by saying that these slaves were actually servants or indentured servants. Many translations of the Bible use the word “servant”, “bondservant”, or “manservant” instead of “slave” to make the Bible seem less immoral than it really is. While many slaves may have worked as household servants, that doesn’t mean that they were not slaves who were bought, sold, and treated worse than livestock.
Biblical reference: Exodus 21: 2-3
2 If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years but in the seventh year he shall go free without paying anything. 3 If he comes alone he is to go free alone but if he has a wife when he comes she is to go with him.
Biblical reference: Leviticus 22:11
If a priest buys a slave with money, or if slaves are born in his household, they may eat his food
Biblical reference: Leviticus 25:44-46
Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.
More Biblical reference: Genesis 9:25, Titus 2:9-10, Ephesians 6:5
– Justification of beating your slaves as long as you don’t kill them
Biblical reference: Exodus 21: 20-21 20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.
– Basically you can beat the fuck out of your slave causing serious injury and to compensate you lose the man as your slave
Biblical reference: Exodus 21: 26-27 An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye. And an owner who knocks out the tooth of a male or female slave must let the slave go free to compensate for the tooth.
– Sleep with another man’s slave, bring a ram as a form of compensation for your guilt and you’re forgiven
Biblical Reference: Leviticus 19: 20-22 20)If a man sleeps with a female slave who is promised to another man but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due punishment. Yet they are not to be put to death, because she had not been freed. 21) The man, however, must bring a ram to the entrance to the tent of meeting for a guilt offering to the LORD. 22) With the ram of the guilt offering the priest is to make atonement for him before the LORD for the sin he has committed, and his sin will be forgiven.
– Kill anyone who curses their parents
Exodus 21:17 Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.
Leviticus 20:9 Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.
– Kill witches
Biblical reference Exodus 22:17 You should not let a sorceress live
You this makes a little bit of sense because after all if another magician could perform the way Moses did then he would a little threatened.
– Kill Adulterers
- There are many references on how Adultery is punished
Biblical reference in Leviticus 20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.
– Killing with Homosexuals and dealing with homosexuality in general
- Now we all know how much the bible and religion hate gay people, here are just some of the awful advocated treatments of homosexuality. Although the loophole here is that it doesn’t say anything about sexual relationships between a woman and woman, but then again when does the Bible taken women into consideration when discussing anything.
Biblical reference in Leviticus 20:13 If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Biblical reference in Leviticus 18:22 Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
– Stone people to death for fortunetelling
Biblical reference in Leviticus 20:27 A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.
- Burn a priest’s daughter if she has premarital sex, some translations say if she is a prostitute (either way pretty damn disgusting)
Biblical reference in Leviticus 21:9 A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death
Leviticus 21:9 (The New International version): If a priest’s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire.
Let’s just save some time and say, there is a whole lot more!! Next time you want to make a comment please read before you make such fatuous claims!